Mother's Day 2017


O.M.G. Mother's Day. Normally one of my favorite holidays; this year bittersweet. 

I am so incredibly happy to be a mom. That’s really all. I am just so happy to be their mom. Their parent, their guardian, their protector, their comforter, their ouchie fixer, their cook, their personal assistant, stylist, chauffer, word sounder-outer, spelling bee teacher, lullaby singer, lego instruction-reader, DVD putter-inner, rattle picker upper, baby mum mum distributer, etc. etc. Words aren’t enough to explain what these three little monkeys mean to me.

Becoming a mom has also given me a much greater appreciation for my own Mom and Grandma. At the end of the day, there’s no one I look up to more (well, my Dad included- both parents equally)

We had a good Mother’s Day this year. Mike and Mary are still here, so we went to church, then brunch at Paddlers. I got a nice picture of me and the kids. Then Daniel got us a Blu-Ray player so we could finally watch Jeremiah Johnson. Best of all, I got to take a nap and spent the evening playing Legos with the kids.

Also, not Mother’s Day related, but (LAST YEAR) for Mother’s Day I asked Daniel to remove a stump from our yard and a few months ago we finally got it removed! I hope everyone else had a great Mother’s Day too!

Our Mother's Day:

My Mamma circa 1994


My Grandma :)