It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times

Today I stayed home with BOTH kids all day while Daniel worked on Maui.

I wasn't going to, because I had two meetings I really wanted to attend, but they were split at  stupid times AND I was feeling insanely guilty about missing yet another tutu field trip in order to be at work, just to have it turn out that the meeting was fairly unnecessary :(

I also felt really guilty bc Mikey started to cry while I was in a meeting yesterday and someone else grabbed him before I could.

I was happy to stay home but it was also exhausting and made me realize how hard it is to be a GOOD parent, let alone a great parent. Kids simultaneously need attention, alone time, activities, stimulation, quiet time, creativity, discipline and boundaries. These are all opposites!!! 

So here's what happened on our day at home.

The good: outside time, fancy drinks, cute sweet kids







The bad: trying to call into a meeting while Sophia tries to feed Michael string cheese. Soph following Daniel Tiger's advice to flush, but tripping and spilling a bucket of pee all over the place. And soph dumping a whole thing of bubbles on the lanai.





And the ugly: Frickin mold!!!