Pupus for Tutu

Yesterday was Sophia's Tutu and Me field trip to Keawanui Fish Pond. The fish pond was really cool, and Sophia had fun looking at the fish and touching the crabs and clams. It was a little more stressful for me, since Daniel couldn't go with us, and I never get to go, so I don't really know any of the other moms very well, and the day included some serious anti-GMO sentiment, and a slam poetry session that was mostly about Native Sovereignty... Not that there's anything wrong with that, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you really should know the facts, and I really felt like I didn't belong. I didn't take any pictures at the fishpond, but here are some from the bus:



Anyway, after that we had a nice potluck back at Kualapuu.


I made some delicious pupus as seen here:




These were really easy and yummy. Just cube up some cheese, and spear olives and salami with a toothpick. 




And I made these Bacon Ham and Cheese cups also from Pinterest. They were soooo good. They don't look like it though; I need to work on my food photography skills :)

After that there was a Hawaii Life Flight event at the airport. Since Sophia has been a little in love with planes lately I took her on the "tour" of the air ambulance. It was neat, and they even let her sit in the Piolt's seat. The bad thing is when it was time to go she threw a kicking screaming fit because she wanted "to go on a BIG airplane to see Cowboy and Nana and the birds and the cows and the donkeys" Crazy kid.