Black Forest Dump Cake

I tried a new recipe from Pinterest for my birthday cake. I was craving black forest cake, so I tried an "easy black forest dump cake" recipe. Results=disastrous.
First you spray a 9x13 pan with pam and add marshmallows to it. these are supposed to rise to the top and create a fudgy layer....not really

Preheat oven to 350

mix up a cake mix according to the directions on the box.

Spread it over the marshmallows.

Evenly spread a can of cherry pie filling on top

Bake for time on box plus 15-20 min.

The finished product. 
Verdict: it was dry. And it was not very good. it was basically a dry cake with some cherry pie syrup on the bottom, and a bunch of unecessary calories...Maybe I overcooked it, but the marshmallows weren't dry, and the pie filling was still all goopy.

Overall it was gross. I ate the top off of it (just because I knew the ingredients cost sooooo much) and then fed the rest to the chickens. Oh well, maybe next time. I think what i wanted was a cherry coke dump cake...