Garlic Parmesan Kale Chips

Garlic Parmesan Kale Chips

We finally signed up to get a box from Kumu farms every Friday. It has been life changing! Ok, not really, but it does make us eat healthier and it's nice to not have to struggle through that last tiny aisle at Friendlies anymore. I actually like Misaki's and Kualapuu produce sections, but I can never make up my mid on what to get. Now I don't have to.


BUT: we keep getting bonus kale. So I can't complain, but we all know, kale is pretty gross, I don't care how many antioxidants it has; it's gross. Hahaha. 

We heard that kale chips were all the rage, so I Pinterested a recipe and they didn't turn out half bad!

***Disclaimer: The scientist in me must tell you that after the kale is de-midribbed, drenched in olive oil, salt, and cheese, then baked for 30 minutes, there's is probably almost no health value left to this food***

Step 1: Get yo self some kale (2 bunches)

Step 2: Take out the midribs and discard (read compost)
Step 3: Dry very well. I dried ours in a towel, then set it in the sun for awhile.


Step 4: Add kale, 2 TBS olive oil, 3 tsp garlic salt, 2 cloves minced garlic, and 1/4 C Parmesan cheese to a gallon Ziploc bag

Shake to evenly coat
Lay out nicely on a lightly greased baking sheet and sprinkle with even more cheese

Bake at 350F for 30 min. or until crispy

Ta-Da!

They shrink a lot

Finished Product
A healthy distrust of all things trendy :)

but she still ate them :)



Recipe: 
2 bunches kale
2TBS olive oil
3tsp garlic salt
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 C Parmesan cheese +more for sprinkling

Bake at 350 for 30 min