Mo'omomi Adventure Day

Yesterday we crossed a couple of things off of our Becky's bucket list :)

I was reading an article about this beach, the Nature Conservancy and "treading lightly" which we did, of course. The area is called Mo'omomi. In Hawaiian, Mo'o is the word for a lizard. Apparently, the legend is that there is a secret underwater cave guarded by a giant lizard with flashing eyes. 

It's a pretty cool article, and I especially love the last line. True Molokai. Haha
You can read the Maui Magazine article here

We've walked over the rocky areas plenty of times, looking for Japanese trash :) and our friend Cambrie even took some of my maternity pictures there, but we've never made the trek to this nice beach, Kawa'aloa bay. I guess we should have kept going because there's a cave at the other end...Next time.







































Ahhh! AND I FOUND A BOUEY FROM JAPAN!!!!!