Easy Peppermint Bark

This Christmas I found myself craving candy canes. I also saw some delicious looking Peppermint Candy Cane Bark on William's Sonoma's website. I'm sure most of it was in how it was styled as peppermint is usually among my least favorite of flavors, but you know what they say, The first three bites you take with your eyes. Haha.

Anyway, I decided to make some at home. My career as a chocolatier has never been well received, by anyone, myself included. Ha. So this was pretty iffy from the get-go.  I also didn't even bother to google a recipe, so there's that...

And I had a pretty sassy 3 year old for a sous chef. All-in all it ended up pretty tasty!

Here's what we did:
Melt some dark chocolate in a glass bowl at 20 second intervals in the microwave.
Pour it onto a silicone baking mat lined half sheet pan.
Spread it thin with a spatula.
Let it cool and harden.
Smash up 12 candy canes with a hammer in a Ziploc bag
Melt some white chocolate chips in a clan glass bowl at 20 second intervals in the microwave.
Spread it on top of the hardened dark chocolate. Working fast so they don't melt together.
Sprinkle the candy cane bits on top, and gently press them into the chocolate.
Let it cool and devour!