Lately

What have we been up to around here? Well, one of my new year's resolutions was to keep the house clean.
Our bedroom is still clean...
Our Closet doors are painted, but not yet installed...
And our hallway is still clean, but that's about it!
Kim and Marty gifted us some of the best oranges in the world, (from their orange tree)and I finally made the fresh squeezed juice I've been craving for months. 
I made this really yummy and healthy chicken "salad" with chicken, Olive garden Dressing, artichokes, kalamata olives, wilted spinach (bc I'm afraid of food poisoning) and lettuce. I kind of want to eat it everyday for he rest of my life! It was that good! Daniel and the kids weren't that into it, so I served it with a side of frozen mini-chimi's. Yin and Yang.
I planted a bunch of new stuff in the garden. AND also freaked out because I read a thing on treated lumber leeching poison into your vegetables. Thankfully science and reason prevailed and I have nothing to worry about. You know, I always thought raised beds would be the coolest, but now that we have them, I just want a regular old "in the ground" garden again. If these ever fall apart, we're definitely not replacing them. They take up a lot of space. 

This lemon basil is the bomb!

This is what an aloe flower looks like. Who knew?!?!

I asked if I could borrow this net thing from work. I don't think its helping at all. Also, I'm being overrun with ants! Ahhhh!

We've been having really killer sunsets because of all the Vog. Again, + and - You gotta have them both. After this picture I got a lot better at aperture and ISO, and flash-less photography. So you won't be subjected to this again. Who am I kidding, you will. It's going to take me forever to learn. Cameras are so hard!!!

And finally I ordered some Jamberry nail wraps but decided that 3-5 days was waaaaaaaaaaay too long, and I needed to do my nails IMMEDIATELY. So Soph and I busted out our glitter and cheap-o nail stickers and went to town #fab