Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

I didn't take many pictures this year. I didn't actually do much this year: which is exactly the kind of Mother's Day I wanted. 

We got to sleep in which NEVER happens anymore! Daniel made some of those amazing muffins from the Best Choice mixes that we make our Missouri friends and family cart all the way over here in their luggage.  I didn't get a pic because we all scarfed them down so fast! Haha. 

I made a quiche for lunch because we have a billion eggs now. Eggs from our chickens, rosemary from our garden...now my tomatoes just need to ripen so I can make this again even more homegrown :)

Daniel fixed the washing machine, AND painted the area of floor under the washer and dryer that I've neglected for the past 11 months or so... Thank you, dear!

Michael and Sophia watched cartoons and blew bubbles all day. You wouldn't guess from the picture, but they were tired and crabby and obnoxious all day. Oh well, they're kids. Little kids.

I asked Daniel not to get me anything for Mother's Day. All I wanted was 
1. The kids to behave all day and 
2. Him to get this ugly @$$ stump out of the yard. 

Well, here's the before picture. the after picture will have to come later because it rained all day. He did cut some of it, but eventually it was raining too hard so we went to dinner at Pizza Cafe instead. The kids were outrageously bad, AND to top it off, Sophia puked all over me when we got home. 


Then we called it a day. Well, I called it a day. Daniel is still up studying, and he put Michael to bed and got me a really sweet card, so all in all, I'm pretty lucky.

Speaking of lucky. The older I get, the more floral tops and pink lipstick I wear, and the more my home decor slowly progresses to a blue and white theme,  I realize I'm lucky to have had as much time and as many great memories as I do with this amazing lady, my Grandma LeRoy.


Happy (day late) Mother's day to all the Mom's out there, especially my mom whom I literally could not be alive without, who has taught me so much over the years, who I still look up to, and who still call almost everyday even though I'm in my 30's, and to Mary for raising Danny to be a great husband and Dad!