"Cracked Out" Trailer Trash Cassarole

OMG. If there is every anything I DO NOT trust on Pinterest, its a recipe that contains the term "Crack" I find this to be a euphemism for "made from cheap trashy over processed ingredients" In other words, I tend to avoid recipes like this at all costs. 

BUT....

Anutie Anna was here, so we decided to "treat yo self" and make Tator-tot casserole. I haven't made it in probably a decade. So, of course I turned to Pinterest, and found a recipe for "cracked out tater tot cassarole" Might I also mention that we were under a hurricane watch, so I sent Daniel a snapshot of the recipe, and had him pick up the rest of the ingredients while he was in town. 

Let me just say, this ended up to be the world's trashiest most expensive dinner. It wasn't bad, but I will probably never ever make it ever again. Haha!






Recipe:
3 cans chicken
16 oz tub sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg Ranch dressing mix
1 bag bacon bits
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag frozen tater tots

Mix together, bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.

and now for the really fun part, how much did this cost to make if you live on a tiny island and there's a hurricane so Misaki's is your only grocery option. Not that it would have been much cheaper at any other time of the year...

3 cans chicken @$5.29 ea= $15.87
16 oz tub sour cream $4.29
1 can cream of chicken soup $1.79
1 pkg Ranch dressing mix $2.49
1 bag bacon bits $5.49
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese $4.99
1 bag frozen tater tots $5.19

$40.11 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

We could have just went out to eat! Plus, I'm surprised none of us died from the massive dose of sodium. Haha. And that concludes my once every decade serving of tater tot casserole.