Well, today was baby's 24 hour check up. He was breathing too fast still, so the pediatrician on call said that we could not go home and she ordered some labs.
They didn't come back good. He had elevated white blood cell counts and elevated something else.
She ordered a chest x-Ray that only had a few streaks, so that could mean an infection and mild respitory distress.
He has to be on antibiotics for 3-7 days but we can't stay at the hospital if he has to stay in the nursery.
They took him to the nursery at 3pm today and started two different antibiotics- ampicillin and something else.
Around 7pm they finally said I could come in and nurse him and hold him. We stayed for about an hour and then he had to go back under the warmer and get some rest.