Raising tiny humans is so damn hard

Today's post is a sad one.

I know my kids are spoiled and I know it's mostly my own fault. I read an article the other day about how you raise entitled kids on accident because they have so much all the time that they think that's the norm. Thus, they grow up to be entitled little shitheads....

Fast forward to last week, I vowed to make some (very subtle) changes. I emptied my amazon, target, and zulily baskets and shopping lists; vowed to buy them no more clothes or toys until Christmas, and seriously limit that as well this year.

I also slowly and slyly started to pick through their current hoard of possessions and donate everything that was too small, outgrown, or never played with.

Fast forward to this week. We bought them happy meals, and thy both literally only ate 4 or 5 bites. 3 separate days I had to threaten them if they didn't clean up the massive mess of toys they made then I would give them away to other kids. Well, I don't know why I am at all surprised by this...but they didn't. They didn't pick them up, they didn't care. They watched me put them in the donation box and didn't whine or shed a single tear.

Obviously, they are horribly spoiled brats who have way to much and don't appreciate anything. It just makes me sad to think of how we got here. And somehow at almost 32 I feel worse saying goodbye to their stuffed animals than they do, which probably means I'm the crazy one.