Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

Thanksgiving prep started early at our house this year. We made toasted pecans, brined our turkey, and prepped our homemade pumpkin ice cream.





Ehan was a happy camper and tagged along for all the festivities.

The night before Thanksgiving I made a pumpkin pie, and had enough dough left over for another shell, so I made a quiche for breakfast the next morning. It was dang good!


I also made some cranberry feta pinwheels for a snack...

 It was hard to get a good picture with these two around...


I set the little monsters to work cracking some mac nuts for the greenbeans. As usual, they ate twice as many as they cracked for me. 





My little sous chefs also helped by sprinkling all the marshmallows on the sweet potatoes (and eating a lot of marshmallows along the way)


We made cranberry sauce from fresh cranberries. YUM

 sweet potatoes with marshmallows and strusel

Our citrus guava brined turkey. 




toasted mac nut green beans from this recipe that I saw in Coastal Living.






The kids had matching jammies. They weren't too happy about having to sit still for a picture though. 

Daniel did an awesome job of carving the turkey this year.




Pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream for dessert.


Tablescape without the food. 


The remainder of our fall decor ready to make way for Christmas.