2 weeks off work and a bathroom update!

CHANGE IS A COMIN'

Sooooooooooooooooooo....biggest news in the last 6 years...I quit my job!!! And I got a new job that I start on Monday.

Because of the way my contract was, I had to put in a written two weeks notice, and because I'm going to work for a competitor they had to pay me out for my two weeks. YAY!

So that means I had two glorious weeks off work. Well, if i had that much time, how come I haven't been blogging? I did sooooo many house projects!

Let's start with the biggest impact one. The bathroom. rememebr what it looked like before???

Check it out here!
And how we've been living for the last 3 years. Better, but not great.


For the easy part- I got new matching towels from Target, with a 20% off home code and a new shower curtain from TJMAXX. Total investment $60.

For the medium part- I painted the vanity with leftover gel stain from the lanai. It's still ugly, but slightly less so.

For the hard part- I painted and stenciled the floor tile!!! AGGGGGggggggh! What was I thinking?!?! It looks great and it was a great interim solution since we'll probably be living with this bathroom for two more years while we remodel. Total cost $30 in primer and $15 in pain and $4.88 in stencil and $6 in brushes. But I have soooo much paint left over so in reality this project cost like $15.