Father's Day 2020


Covid has been a crazy time in our lives. I am so enjoying being home with the kids and getting things done, but its super stressful trying to get all my work done with them yelling in the background. I love having my Saturdays at the office to work in peace and quiet, but working 6 days a week is getting old. I'm really stressing out about going back to the office full time. I don't know what to do with the kids and I wish I could just quit my job and stay home with them all the time, but then we'd have no money and we have a half (1/8?) finished house, so not an option right now. 

All in all, I think Daniel had a good Father's day. The kids and I got him a jack he wanted. He finished hanging my kitchen cabinets, and the kids played outside most of the day.





Daniel wanted brats for Father's day. And, as you would assume, our stores had absolutely NO hot dog buns, so I bought rye bread. Last minute I decided to be a good wife and make homemade buns. They were really good! but also very filling. I used this recipe:


It made 8, but i think you could stretch it to 10.

We also had watermelon and twice baked potatoes Irish Style, made with Dubliner cheese. 


Twice Baked Potatoes
-scrub 6 medium potatoes clean
-prick holes in each with a fork
-microwave in 5 minute intervals, flipping over at each interval until soft
-cut warm potatoes in half
-scoop out insides with a spoon
-using mixer combine potato scoopings with 1/2 c butter, 1 cup milk, 1 cup shredded dubliner, salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. 
-you can also add onion powder and/or sour cream.
-spoon filling back into potatoes
-bake on 350 for 15 min.