Our (less than) Beautiful Backyard- June 2020

Well, like the rest of everything, 2020 has not been a stellar year for our yard.


The plumeria tree is actually doing well. My vinca are ok, but its probably time for more of this purple stuff to go.

Livvy's got a new playhouse for her birthday this month. The kids are always moving all my damn bricks.

Our front curb appeal. All kinds of awful.

Time to trim the panax again. There are some iris on the bottom, but it's hard to see in this picture. I'm trying to propigate some vinca.

My rose bushes grew into a giant skeleton mess. Not ideal.

The lemon and lime tree are doing ok. I planted some apple trees which are not doing great, but are all still alive.

Dead grass, hideous pool, rusty fire pit, crappy bar table and peeling paint umbrella, what else could be wrong in this picture.

The mullberry tree is growing despite being eaten by the deer 100 times.

The deer have also destroyed my garden...

My favorite thing is this cucumber tower.

The koi pond is green and leaky, but still nice.

The fish seem happy though.

I tried to plant some stuff over here and most of it died.

The bananas need to be cleaned up.

Now that I've put so much work into the yard and it still looks like shit, I've decided to redo it all. I've been reading some design articles and I want to redo the whole stupid thing with lines based off the house instead of the lot. Wish me luck.