Avocado Pasta

We finally got around to trying this Pinterest "recipe". it was one of those picture things with no real explanation, so this is how ours went:

2.5 avocados, salt, pepper, 2 garlic cloves and a huge handful of basil into the food processor.

That's basically it. Pule until smooth. Ours was REALLY thick, so I added several ladles of Pasta water until it was more saucey, less paste-y. 

We added fresh tomato chunks and some freshly shredded cheese.

El fin.

Sophia ate hers from her new bowl which Auntie Maricel made for her.


Verdict: it was good, but I wouldn't make it often. I'm sure it has a million calories because it's made from avocados...but our tree is full, so I was looking for new recipes. Daniel said it tasted like Kumu pesto. I kinda agree. It was good, and basically free since the avocados and basil both came from our garden. It was also super easy to make.

And this man tried a lil bit, but much preferred just plain smashed up avocados.