Pineapple Cucumber Agua Fresca











Now that it's practically summer in Hawaii (whatever, it's basically not Winter anymore, so I'm counting this as summer. Haha!)

I've been utilizing our weekly box of fruits and veggies from the local farm down the road from where I work. This week I got a pineapple and cucumbers. I was thinking of that delicious Agua Fresca you get when you go to fancy resorts, and I decided I could make my own. 

Recipe:
1 Cup Fresh Pineapple (cubed)
1/2 Cup Fresh cucumber (sliced)
A squeeze of fresh lime juice
1 gallon of water


Mix and let flavors mingle in refrigerator for 1 hour or more

Serve over ice

I like this low cal (no cal) recipe, but I know a lot of traditional Agua Fresca recipes call for a little honey or sugar. You can also peel and mash up some cucumber but I'm lazy, I just let it steep in the fridge, you still get tons of flavor that way. This would also be great with Vodka, but that's for another day ;)

Happy drinking!

Jill