Malted Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Samwiches

There's been a Pin on my Pinterest that I've really been wanting to try, and I finally found the time  in that glorious 2 weeks I had off between my summer and fall classes.


Here's the pin Malted Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches

I made the cookies as suggested, but I didn't have a silicone mat, so after burning the bcak of 2 trays I went on Amazon an bought these ones: Amazon Basics Silicone Baking Mats (haha. nice pidgen, huh)

Well, after I placed my order, I realized that Daniel had made breakfast burritos and forgot to turn the back burner off, so no, there was nothing wrong with making these on a normal cookie sheet, but I will say that now that I have the mats, they're awesome!!!

Malted Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches


It was hard to get a good picture because it's been a BIZILLION DEGREES around here lately, so they melted really fast.

They were really good, but i did change the recipe a little, since we had no vanilla Ice Cream at our store, I used swirl, and I mixed Ovaltine into it before using it to make the sandwiches, that in my opinion made them GREAT. the malt cookies were just ok.., I could have one without, and opening a whole can of condensed milk for just a couple of tablespoons is crazy to me. 

if I make these again, which i most definitely will, I'm going to make the plain cookie recipe from the Kitchen Aid book, and use the malt flavored ice cream again.

Try them out and let me know what you think!