Box Meal Review-Bertolli Meals for Two

With Daniel working off island so much and me being home alone with the kids, I've been trying out a bunch of new "boxed meals" just to have something  fast and vegetable related to feed the kids and get them to bed in time for me to do my homework. 

I had some zucchini from our Kumu Box, so I tried a Pinterest Recipe for baked "fried zucchini". It was super easy, but turned out soggy and not at all the same texture as real fried zucchini. But the taste was moderate. Both kids hated it; LOL. 

It was super easy, you just chop up zucchini, dip it in oil, then dip in breadcrumbs mixed with salt, pepper, flour, and Parmesan cheese. Bake it on a cooling rack over a pan for 45+ min at 425F.




To go with our zucchini I made a Bertolli  Classic Meals for 2 Italian Sausage and Rigatonni. I got it from the freezer section of Misaki's and it was like $10-12. NOT cheap! It was super easy to make, you just dump it in a pan and cover it. then let it cook, stirring occasionally. The taste was not bad, but not great. It was a little weird; the peppers were crispy, the sausage slice texture kind of grossed me out, and again, the kids hated it. LOL.  Honestly, it wasn't bad or anything, but I will probably never buy this again.