Baby Number 3: 36.5 week update

Well, I never made time to write up a 36 week post. And now here we are at 36.5 weeks already. I passed the "no NICU" Mark. Which means even if I went into labor today (or yesterday, or 2-3 days ago) the baby should be healthy and fine and I can deliver here on Molokai.

I had my midwife appointment today. 
They do the group B step swab; but results take a few days. And she checked me. I'm starting to dialate and thin and she could feel a baby head bulge!!!! Yay! Haha. So, 1-4 more weeks and this kid is going to be here! Baby's heartbeat was good at 135 BPM, and he feels like he will be smaller than Mikey. He definitely dropped this week and is getting strong! Like, to the point where once I actually yelled "ouch!" When he punched me. Haha. Not even to be dramatic, it just came out, I guess I wasn't expecting such a strong punch from such a tiny fist.

I'm up to 158 pounds, about the same as I was with Sophia. I'm feeling good about the delivery. I finished "Ina May's guide to childbirth" and I finished skimming "Childbirth without Fear". I couldn't read the whole thing. It's so old and Grantly Dick-ried is so boring!!! But I got the gist of it. Now I'm on to "Spiritual Midwifery" it's really good so far. I'm very calm and I would say better prepared for labor than ever before. My relaxin is kicking in and my pelvis really hurts! Probably from sitting too much during the day and having an awful bed and this being our third baby. I had a little bit of pelvic symphosis last time (where your bones literally pull apart-ahhhhhh!!!) and it feels like I have it again, but the midwife said there's nothing you can do, it just happens, especially as you have more and more kids and your ligaments know what's in store for them. Exercise seems to help at least ease the pain though. 


The only thing that sucks is my stupid masters class starts Monday. Gahhhhhhhhhh-I'm sooooooo sick of it and can not wait to be done. Also I wish I never would have started it. My awesome job couldn't get any worse, so it's not like I'm going to be able to use it anytime soon. But, back to the subject at hand: One of my friends recently shared this on Facebook. And it could be more timely for a pregnant mamma. 

So that's where my headspace is right now. Ready to peacefully deliver a healthy baby 😊and ready to take some time off and dedicate a little more of myself to all my kids. 😊
Because let's face it, my patience with Michael and Sophia lately has been pretty dang low. And while they've both been little turds lately it's probably just a cry for more attention. 😊