Dining Room Chairs Before and After

Way back in 2011, I spent $120 and bought 6 antique chairs off Craigslist. They were old! I couldn't find a picture of the real originals, but here's one with the cushions that I bought for them. The seats were made of actual leather...except one had no seat at all, and 2 had been replaced (very poorly) with  some mismatched vinyl. The cushions sufficed for several years, but once we had kids it was just too much with thier constant spills and messes. Finally we decided to redo the seats, and by then I also decided that I hated the patina and wanted to paint them. 

I'm not sure how old they really are. They guy I bought them from said they were from the 1920's, and the seats had REAL HORSEHAIR as padding under the leather, not stuffing.  But the design looked soooo 60's/70's to me which I think is why I hated them and decided on the white paint. 

Not long after I first bought them in 2011. 
Painting in stage one, and a seat blank waiting to be cut, stained and attached.