The Best Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup


This soup was sooooo good! I just used what I had on hand, and it turned out great! The secret was gravy mix! I was going to make a Pinterest recipe, but as usual, I doidn;t have anything I needed, so I threw this together and wanted to write it down so I could make it again. I made it with some one-hour rolls that were really good too. Here’s the link for them:

Recipe:
1 chicken huge breast and 1 chicken thigh
½ pkg of celery
1 pkg carrots
2 TBS butter
1 small onion
1 box chicken stock
2 cups milk
2-3 cups water (depending on how thick you like your soup- start with 2)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 bay leaves
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 pkg country gravy mix
1 ½ cups cooked wild rice (I used leftovers from dinner the night before)


Sautee the onions, carrots and celery in the butter. Add chicken, brown. Add stock. Boil until chick is fully cooked. Remove chicken and shred. Add rest of ingredients, return chicken to pot. Simmer 20 minutes or longer. Really easy, and surprisingly GOOD!