Sourdough starter take one

Because I do t have enough going on, I decided to start an needy annoying fickle culture of bacteria in my kitchen....I’m trying sourdough!

I LOVE sourdough bread-especially for turkey sandwiches and homemade croutons. This pregnancy I’ve been craving all kinds of pickles, olives, limeade, and other wierd sour/sweet things, so sourdough is a natural fit.

I’ve been afraid to start a stater for a long time because  my most trusted baking authority- King Arthur Flour- told me to start it with whole wheat flour. And for some unknown reason, I just didn’t want to buy whole wheat flour.

Anyway, after seeing it on Farmhouse on Boone, I decided to give it a try!

The first couple of days were going GREAT!



Day 4 and 5 not as well, but I decided to try a loaf of bread anyway. Then my pregnancy brain couldn’t find my bread pan. I called my mom, called Daniel (who’s working on Maui all week) ordered a new one on Amazon...then finally found out that I had lent it to a neighbor a few months ago and totally forgot. 😂



I read up a lot on sourdough and what I might be doing wrong, so now I’m at the crossroads of ‘try and save it’ vs. ‘just throw it out and start over’.

I also ordered some stuff to make homemade soda, and I’m 16.6 weeks pregnant! 😮 life around here is definitely never dull.



I also learned the names of these flowers and am currently googling how to propigate them. Because why ever finish one project before starting 40 more?!?!