Spring Gardening

This week I planted some peonies...we’ll see how that goes. They say up to zone 8, and the map says that we’re zone 10...so...we’ll see. This weekend I also planted some freesia and anemone, which I pretty excited about, but haven’t seen any sprouts yet. 

We have cabbage, lettuce, radishes and some carrots, and some leeks in the garden beds. One flowering stock plant is flowering, two other ones are alive, but barely-thanks to an attack of spider mites.

The Brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes are almost ready. I’m not sure how good the brussel sprouts will be because of the insects.

The Thai watermelon might not produce anything. 

My herbs are doing well. We have basil, lemon basil, dill, cilantro and green onions.

Our alpine strawberries and my one surviving seascape are doing well.

In the new bed I planted ozark, seascape, and sienna? Sierra? 

My cut flower garden is doing ok at best. The white cosmos and double click bicolor cosmos are doing good. The dahlias are done?? Maybe? Three of my lily bulbs are growing but not blooming yet.