St. Patrick’s Day 2018

Not going to lie, it’s been a tough week. 

We had to say good by tonour sweet old Isabel. Ethan noticed unmediated that the meow was gone, but Michael and Sophia...I’m not exactly sure. I didn’t tell them, and they haven’t asked yet...

I was super busy and gone a lot for work and it’s been rainy...so...I’ve been out of the garden but was expecting great things since my roses had a bunch of buds....but...when I went to pick some flowers for our table yesterday...a ;$$;$;$;(:$:&:(:$:&(@( DEER usher up my fence and ate my whole hierloom lavender lassie AND my whole Jilly Jewel. I know it’s dumb, but I’ve been babying the crap out of these roses and I’m super upset. 

I’ve been working on some DIY flower pot makeovers. Ethan threw on on her floor and broke it.

Sophia has been a somehow even more challenging version of her 5 year old sassy self. 

And we found out two of our oldest Molokai friends are moving to Canada. 😭

So, with all the glum news I thought it would be nice to have a nice dinner to cheer up. 

I set a pretty table and made corned beef and roasted cabbage and radishes (FROM MY GARDEN!!!) and carrots and potatoes. And a fresh fruit rainbow. Lol. With Rolos for the pot of gold. We had some friends over, and despite being more tired from the week than I had anticipated, we had a nice evening!

One surviving New Dawn rose.


Started the day with Lucky Charms. 😂 how very Irish. 😂


Making fruit stay in the shape of a rainbow was way harder than I had anticipated.


Ethan’s handiwork...



And a before shot of our pretty table. 😍