Why I deleted my Facebook (app)

Hello there! Happy Tuesday! Thanks to crazy holiday schedules, this week is half over! 

It actually hasn’t been a bad week, I’ve just been in a kind of negative space for the last while. And...that’s why I decided to delete my Facebook app.

Let’s be real. I never check Facebook on an actual computer anymore (who does?!) and I just felt like I was wasting a lot of my time scrolling through stupid posts that were just making me upset. 

Some are just a pure waste of time: memes and videos sheetlet for entertainments sake with no actual substance or value—-yet, they were really even entertaining. Some are dumb ads or sponsors post or whatever. Some are fine, but the spelling and grammatical errors make me cringe. (Hypocrite, I know, but I’m just writing a personal blog here, not creating a viral post in order to get millions of hits) those are all annoying, but here’s the real deal. I believe in freedom of speech, but I also believe in ethical behavior. Many of the upsetting posts were from “friends” in real life, not random bloggers or celebrities. So- If I know you on a personal level and you think it’s ok for an adult (you) to make fun of a child or share a post that’s comdemning a victim of a school shooting for speaking out against school shootings- Then go ahead and un-friend, un-like, and un-follow me, because I don’t agree.

Now I’m sure I’ll still waste a lot of my time scrolling through IG, but at least everyone I follow on there is interesting or inspiring.