Friday the 13th

There have been more than a few times over these past weeks where I happen to catch a glance at my reflection and literally don’t recognize myself. 

Which made me think today of two acquaintances I have that kind of hate each other, yet I like them both. But also, if I had met them at the opposite times in my life, would I have become friends with either of them? Probably not.

I’m reading a really good book right now. It’s very well written, which I think will make it an excellent book, but its foreshadowing is so ominous that I both don’t want to read anymore and can’t stop reading it.

My flight home from Oahu today was delayed, so I spent 7 hours trying to get home, during which we flew through the middle of a storm. 

Two of my favorite people move to Kauai tomorrow morning.

I had to go to a beach without my family, and that made me even more sad that I was away from them than for the fact that I was a 30 week pregnant lady with swollen ankles and a broken toe (I assume) dressed in a blazer at a freaking beach.

An odd collection of thoughts that don’t tell a particular story at all.