STL 2018

April 3-9 I went to St. Louis for work. It was a pretty good trip, despite turning 30 weeks pregnant while I was there! 😱

I flew all day on Monday through terrible weather and got there Tuesday at lunch time...in the middle of a tornado watch...awesome. Anna picked me up from the airport and we had Jimmy Johns before she dropped me off at my conference. It was a decent flight path, but still super long for a pregnant lady! My preggo cankles didn’t I swell until the 3rd day back on Molokai! 😱



Overall the meetings went really well. I’m glad I went and glad I got to know some of my mainland coworkers better.





Friday when the meetings ended Anna picked me up and we got to go to lunch with Kyle and Becky!!! Which was great, but also made me realize how much I miss hanging out with them and wish they lived closer. 

Saturday I went antiquing with Kara and Anna all day and it was all I’ve wanted to do for the last 2 years of nesting. Lol! I got a couple of cool things-a coffee grinder, some candle sticks, a couple of ball jars, all of which I carried back. AND I got a gorgeous dresser and some wedge wood china that I’m planning on finding a haole container to tuck into sometime in the future. 🤣🤣🤣











Sunday I went to Brunch and Blooms at Valentine Hall. Apparently it’s the annual fundraiser for the church grounds. It was really nice and I wish I could have brought some plants home! I got to see my brother Mark’s  house for the first time, and got to have Mexican with my whole fam & my fave Aunt Cathy! 




Then on Monday it was SNOWING on my way home, so my flights were super bumpy, but it ended up being ok, because the delays must have made the rest of the people in my row late, so I got a whole row to myself and I laid down and slept for a good portion of my 9 hour Chicago to HNL flight. With all the connections, we left my mom and dad’s at 4am, I flew all day and got home Monday night around 7:30 in time for bed! 



All in all it was a good trip, of course I missed Daniel and our Keikis, but it was nice to see my mom and dad and revisit my childhood haunts. It was also nice because I haven’t been back in almost 4 years and sometimes I think of those places with such nostalgia that it almost makes me want to move back. BUT being there again, it made me remember that I’m at a different point in my life and that’s MO is not really where I want to be everyday.