Happy SIXTH Birthday Sophia Elaine! (and Mother's Day)

Today is May 13th! Six years ago Daniel and I were at Queens Hospital in Honolulu welcoming our first little baby into the world. It also became my first Mother's Day.

Today we celebrated together again this year for the first time since then. My Dad is visiting this year so Sophia was super excited for Cowboy to be at her family party.

Yesterday Daniel picked up a really pretty flower arrangement that he ordered for me. I made Sophia a red velvet cake (her request) and decorated it in pink and white swirls and sparkles and sprinkles. Unfortunately, it was SO humid that the icing kind of melted.

This morning we got up and went to church. After that I wanted to go to Misakais, but they were closed. I wanted to get ice cream and since it was Sophia's birthday we went to Kamois instead...but they don't open until 11, so we took a cruise down the wharf and walked the canoe club beach.








After ice cream we went home and Daniel made us breakfast burritos. It was a lazy rainy day, so we didn't do much. Marie and Naiwa and Alika came by to drop off some flowers that Alika picked for Sophia. 💖 We facetimed Mike and Mary and my Mom and Grace and Olivia. I sent my mom a watering can and some chocolate turtles.

We has shishkebobs and rice for dinner, and did presents and cake.
































20 Questions:
1. What is your favourite colour:
"Ummmm...light green"

2. What is your favourite toy?
"It's gonna be those sculptures that are clay that are almost dried up, right Dad"
3. What is your favourite fruit?
"Ummmm, its ummm...cherries"
4. What is your favourite TV show?
"It's um, that little Cowboy show, with the robot"
She's been watching Furturama with my Dad and last time she referred to it as "the show with the slug who likes to party" 😂
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch?
"It is...its turkey sandwiches"
6. What is your favourite outfit?
"Its that Hello Kitty dress I just got, but it used to be that little dress that got ripped"
7. What is your favourite game?
"Ummm.. its ummm, let me think for a minute, ok. It's.... Candyland, I think"
8. What is your favourite snack?
"Ummmm...its those little peanut butter crackers"
9. What is your favourite animal?
"It's uhhhh...wait... a caterpillar. Unless that counts as an insect, then it's a kangaroo"
10. What is your favourite song?
"Ummm...it's...*proceeds to sing her entire May Day presentation* "which is called Whale Watch"
11. What is your favourite book?
"Let me think for a minute... Bearenstain Bears Down on the Farm"
12. What is your favourite thing about at school?
"The writing center" and "My favorite person in school is Auntie Marie"
13. What is your favorite sport?
"Basketball"
14. What is your favourite thing to have for breakfast?
"Golden Grahams"
15. What is your favourite thing to do outside?
"It's ummm, look at my caterpillars and watch them and do my milkweed check and *goes on for the next 5 minutes about catepillars*"
16. What is your favourite drink?
"juice..actually lemonade"
17. What is your favourite holiday?
"My birthday"
18. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
"Umm, Chong. Because I can't sleep without him"
19. What is your favourite thing to have for dinner?
"Sishkebobs. It's my favorite thing that we had tonight for dinner"
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?
"I want to be a doctor!"