Our Beautiful Backyard: June 2018

This month has been busy! I didn’t do much in the way of yard projects since I was busy having our beautiful baby Olivia!!!

Planted this month:
Cosmos
Sunflowers
Asters- not a great one for our yard! So hard to germinate
Watermelons
Iris! In front behind the panax

Harvested this month:
Guava
A few bell peppers
Some tomatoes
Carrots
Brussel sprouts
Flowers
A few strawberries
Herbs

Flowering this month:
Second batch of QAL
Dahlias
Zinnias
Bachelors buttons
Gomphrena!
Glads
Roses
Pittisporium
Ginger
Lobster claw
Vinca- as always

Happenings this month:
Moving mulch...it seems never ending. Watering because it’s getting so hot and dry. Fertilizing roses and battling disease on my new dawn. Fencing- always  a struggle to keep the damn deer out! Garden beds need replanting. The south one is getting a full brick of pro mix! My mom and dad are here, so our front patio is a workspace while they build builtins for the living room!!! Yay!!!

The mini van makes everything look worse. 😂😭

I’ve tried saving this New Dawn rose with fungicide- don’t think it’s working...


As much as I hated this yellow one when we moved in, it’s really grown on me. I think it helps putting it next to the purple.


The front: currently a temporary construction site. The Mac but tree is doing ok though.


This area got halfway mulched and the plumeria is staked up and leading out. I didn’t realize how bad it looks until I saw it in a picture. I guess I better finish the mulch. 😂



I mulched and planted all these iris behind the panax.


Ugh. This still makes me upset and it’s the best looking part.


Our coffee plant has seen better days.


Not looking great over here either.


Lime. 


Lemon.


The cut flower bed is doing well.


Dahlias


Zinnias


More flowers and some weeds.


I FINALLY got some gomphrena. It’s supposed to be easy to grow!!


A volunteer tomato.


The pool area. I got a decent amount of the shed painted, it’s clean and the flower bed is netted and growing well.


Haven’t done anything to this side of the house. Still need to move that avocado tree...




Didn’t do anything here either.


Not much going on in the garden right now. Time to replant, but I’ve been too busy lately.


Sigh. This area needs a lot of work.


The last pile of mulch to tackle.


My red rose from Valentine’s Day 3??? Years ago?



My pink mini rose.😍


Jilly Jewel


Cream mini rose.


My lavender lassie. The GD deer ate even more of it! But it’s putting on a new cane, so it should be ok.



The Hedges. 😭


Back of the house. As bad as usual.


 The banana patch.




And the back of the garage. Blah. Haha. We’ve got a long way to go!!! I’m excited to be making these monthly progress posts though!