Thanksgiving 2018

Ugh. This might be our worst Thanksgiving weekend on record. Today stupid freaking Reggie tried to kill Mittens.

We got two kittens 3 weeks ago, a cute black and white one with a lot of promise- Mittens, and an ugly Tabby one that claws everything, hates the kids, is constantly meowing for food and just generally pretty annoying- Bootsy Calico. 

We had them inside for the first two weeks, and then this last week they moved to the lanai. Today, the kids were playing outside, and mittens and Bootise joined them and Daniel was watching from the window, and somehow, stupid Reggie came up and tried to eat Mittens. Now my kids are thouroughly traumatized and Mittens is still alive, but her back legs are paralyzed, and of course freaking Moloka’i has no 24/7 vet, so we just a have a half dead beloved family pet yet again...

Other than today, our weekend went pretty ok. Olivia has a cold, so she’s been tired and crabby, which in turn makes her Momma tired and crabby. 

My truck wouldn’t start Wednesday when I left work, so I was super late getting the kids- it’s still broke, but luckily it’s a work truck, so hopefully the guys can fix it tomorrow. 

Thursday was Thanksgiving. I spent all morning cooking, then we just had a Netflix and Chill afternoon.

Friday we did yard work, then Grace and Olivia came to visit, then we went to Lanikeha for some holiday food.

Saturday we went to the beach with friends, then dinner with LST.

And today, Reggie once again proved himself to be the worst dog of all time...well, maybe second worst to Gunner. Sophia is so upset and poor Michael told me “I can’t sleep because I have too many bad feelings in my head”...and I so totally empathize with that. I gave in and let him sleep in our bed and now I’m  watching the office to try to shove everything out of my own head.