Our Beautiful Backyard: January 2019

Planted this month:
Parsley
Sage
Dill
Carrots
Onions
Beets
Snap Dragons
Lettuce
Spinach

Harvested this month
A few tomatoes
Lilikoi
Limes
Lemons!! They weren’t quite ripe though :)

Well, this is the month of “the wall” in US politics, our government shutdown because of funding (or lack there of) for a border wall. In Jill’s backyard politics- a giant wall was put up to keep deer from eating all my vegetables...and then the deer broke it, jumped over it, went through a left open gate maybe, etc. and ate ALL my kiwi, mamake, and a bunch of other stuff. 

In other news, how freaking ugly is our house?!? 😂


I’m trying to grow some apple trees from fungi apple seeds from the store. I think it will be too warm, but whatever- it’s a fun experiment, and Kalae gets kind of cold??


My gardenias underwent some massive insect and fungus pressure this month. They came out of it alive and well after much dedication. 🙄 and the deer ate the coleus down to nothing. 😭

The terra cotta pots hold me new herbs, sage, dill, and parsley.

I think this may be the olive tree I was trying to grow??? Not sure.


This is a pot of dead crap...story of my life...

Eeeeeesh! The front of our house is just so. Freaking.ugly.

The lemon and lime are fruiting like crazy!!! 🙌🙌🙌




Our new fence.


I planted $30 worth  of lilies from Rawlins...they’d better grow!


I forget this one’s name but I’m going to fill my yard with them!!!


Mold and ti...


The deer got in, broke down this fence and almost killed all these again...


Strawberries are actually doing really well!!


The garden beds


This gorgeous orchid that blooms every January 😍



The deer ate all my sweet potatoes


Dead dog alert. Jk. He’s just sleeping. But there’s the beginnings of a koi pond in the background!!!