Lately

Lately...I finally bought my MacBook, but it’s March harder to use than I expected. It’s really not that hard, it’s just that I’m exhausted and doesn’t want to take the embers to commit to learning something new right now. Also, blogger changed format again, so maybe it’s finally time to move to Wordpress. But, I feel like I’m order to do that, I need to get serious about blogging again....

Speaking of things I’m getting serious about again, I just sent an email to change my master’s thesis, and after putting it off for almost 3 years, I have a renewed excitement for it! 

I’m also finally getting serious about my health. And I say that because when I was pregnant with Olivia I had high blood pressure for the first time in my life. I thought it would immediately go away once I had her, but it didn’t. And everything I read says it’s because I’m under an insane amount of stress at all times- but there’s not a whole lot I can do about that, so I figured I’d tackle what I can- which is being overweight and out of shape. I was feeling pretty good, and even started running again...and then I hurt my knees. It’s been a week today, and last night I literally cried they hurt so bad. Stupid aging and stupid joints!!! So not fair. I’m finally trying to treat my body better and it retaliates. 

My New Years resolution was to be calmer and I think it’s going ok, but I definitely still have some work to do. 

I haven’t had much time to spend in the harden lately, which is too bad since it’s March already! Sophia and Michael are on spring break this week. They’re having a blast hanging out with Auntie Maddie. They made leis today, and made one for me!

Ethan loves Bootsie Calico, even though Daniel and I think she’s a pretty annoying cat. She complains a lot, she won’t poop in the grass, and she’s constantly stealing food. Nothing that awful, but we just miss Izzy and Mittens, who were both pretty great mousers who minded their own business. But Ethan loves Bootsie and carts her all around calling her “my sweet baby”

Sophia’s taking ukulele lessons. It’s going ok but not great. She needs to practice more, and I thought she’d be soooo into it, but she’s only marginally into it. She is reading chapter books however, so we’re very proud of her.