Our Awful Storm Door: when dreams come true

As you guys know, the last couple of years I’ve gotten to a point where I have learned to start saying “screw it!” And finally doing things that I’ve wanted to do for my whole life (or at least for a long time) case in point, I made a fish pond and earned a masters degree.

Next up on the list is a little one, but for quite some time I’ve wanted a beautiful Farrow and Ball painted entryway.

Well, I didn’t quite get there yet, but I did order a few samples allllllll the way from England and painted my ugly @$$ storm door an earth shatteringly beautiful shade of blue grey. It’s De Neimes, by F&B.

The before. A lovey teal-ish shade that I painted over the dated black several summers ago. It was a happy but very immature color, and it just makes the rest of the house look even more shabby...not that that’s hard to do.😂


And AFTER!

It’s SO MUCH better! Now to determine what color the window tint is down here. I bought “tea” aka brown for the living room, but I kind of think this is blue...which is going to be less ugly? Brown or blue?? Answer: both are ugly, but I’ll do just about anything to keep the heat out of this house! I also have a new light to go up, but I need to take down the lanai ones, sandblast all the rust off and re-paint them.


And now I also kind of what to dye all our cement... but that seems a little out of my wheelhouse, not to mention, how the hell would I obtain the supplies for that?

Either way. This door makes me much happier than it did before, and we could all use a little more happy. 

Aloha, 
Jill