Thanksgiving 2019

The day before Thanksgiving, I dressed up like a BOSS- in a 15 year old sweater with big hair and smeared eyeliner, and finished my final oral exam and (finally) got a master's degree.


The next day I had LOTS of help making our Thanksgiving feast. Michael helped make the turkey, Sophia helped make desert, Ethan helped eat all the cheeses, and Olivia helped dump everything out of all the cabinets.



The pupus are quickly becoming my favorite part of every holiday. This year I made apples and smoked gouda, cranberry brie bites, pickles with cream cheese, an olive tray, and carrots with Ina's onion dip. All Ahhhhhhhhmazing.


Later in the day we had a late lunch/early dinner of turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas (or green beans as Ethan calls them) homemade rolls, crescent rolls, and cranberry sauce.  We were actually too full for pie, so we got to enjoy our pumpkin pie the next day with a couple of everyone's favorite Aunties!











 This year I made my citrus guava brined turkey again, starting the brine 4 days in advance. The recipe is HERE if you'd like to try it! Look at all those delicious fruits- and 90% from our backyard!