Halloween 2020

 Halloween looked a little different this year. I had the most awful week at work. I thought it was one of the worst weeks in my career, but then I realized that my career has included a lot of shit times, so what else would I have expected from 2020. 

ANYWAY. I had big Halloween plans, but by the time the end of the week and Halloween rolled around I wasn't in the mood to do all the fun stuff I had spent weeks planning. But then I realized (again) that it was 2020 and what else would i have expected. And so, Halloween went on (mostly) as planned. 

I FINALLY got a pumpkin harvest this year- but we never got around to carving them. We didn't get around to decorating sugar cookies either, but we did make cupcakes. And then ended up with extra cake also (see first paragraph) and a shit ton of candy. 

Michael and Sophia dressed up for school on Friday as a witch and a vampire.

On Saturday, the kids dressed up and acted out "Room on the Broom" for our parents. It was an (adorable) shit show. 

They changed costumes, donned their masks and we went to a couple  of drive through trunk or treats. 

Then came home and had a haunted walk in the woods followed by trick or treating own our own lanai. 

All in all, we had a nice holiday, a good reminder that things could always be worse, and although I haven't stepped on the scale since, it's safe to say that Halloween week has made me gain at least 10 pounds.