Farewell 2020

 2020 has been a hell of a year...but, I think its actually been one of my better years :)


It started off with way more travel than I ever wanted, but, it was good for me. I drove in traffic all by myself for the first time in awhile. I learned some things and met some people. 

Covid hit and really, we were in a good place for it. Our house is always full of food and projects. Our kids have tons of siblings to play with, our backyard always has something growing, and Molokai is about as isolated as you and get AND most people follow all the rules, so we haven't had to really worry. Well, except for those weeks in March were we were suuuuper sick and I legit thought we had covid (we didn't, but whatever we did have was terrible! Who knows what it was because I had the flu shot and tested negative for strep, influenzaA and B, and covid) 

ANYWHO...

Daniel and I are both essential workers, so we were right back at that grind, which sucks, but also, we're very grateful for. We both got to work from home for some time so we could cover the kids virtual school and lack of childcare, so that was nice. 

we got some projects done.

The kids (and us) made it through school, but we were so grateful when classes went back to in person (I think that was around September here?

Halloween was missing the trick-or-treating, but we still had a lot of fun.

Thanksgiving was a family affair and delicious as always.

We had a great Christmas, got to Facetime both of our famalies, the kids didn't get overwhelmed, and played nicely together. That's about all a mom can ask for. 

All in all, 2020 was pretty good to us :)