THE BEST Apple Pie


I've made a lot of pies in my life, but I first made this one a few weeks months ago and it was so good. I'd say the best apple pie I've ever made. Its a combination of my mom's crust (except with butter instead of crisco), Ina Garten's filling- but a few small changes, and Martha Stewart crumb topping. 

Recipe:

FILLING
original here but I like mine better

5-7 small to medium apples
1/2 T orange zest
3 T orange juice (or lemon)
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C flour
1 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
couple dashes of pumpkin pie spice (I never have all spice, you could use all spice)

Peel and dice apples
Mix everything together in a bowl
Pour into your pie shell

TOPPING
original recipe here

6 T butter (cold)
3/4 C flour
rounded 1/3 cup brown sugar
1/6 cup sugar
1/8 t salt
couple dashes cinnamon

dice up butter, mix the rest together with a pastry blender, keeping it crumbly.