Halloween Home Tour

Well, I wouldn't be a blogger if I didn't do the occasional home tour. Haha. We didn't go all out for Halloween this year and mostly re-used all our stuff from last year (and the last 7 years which I've just slowly been hoarding). Unfortunately Molokai isn't the best place to get fresh pumpkins, gourds or mums. I attempted to grow some. The mini pumpkins were going GREAT! They were a little early though and some beetles and slugs bored holes into all of the pumpkins that were on the vines and then laid nasty maggots in them- hooray. Then the freaking slugs killed the vines so no more grew. I also planted some nice jack O' Lantern variety from Burpees, and again, right after flowering, we had 2 tiny pumpkins and the GD SLUGS killed them all. Slugs are invasive, and so now I have no mercy. They all get smashed as soon as I see them! i should probably go to Hikiola and get something to kill them with. Growing vegetables is hard! You'd think it'd be easier in paradise. It's not!

Arce's usually have a nice Octoberfest, but its not until next weekend and I wanted to decorate the second I saw everyone from the Midwest putting their deco up on September 30th. LOL. Friendlies has a few pumpkins out, but I haven't seen anything at Miskaki's or Rawlins. I really wanted some white mums.

So, without further ado, here's what's going on in Casa de Coombs this month:

To be clear, this home tour only consists of 3 rooms, only 2 of which are decorated. haha. Someday....someday...

Starting off is the kids' room. It's not decorated. I just set out their Halloween clothes so we wouldn't forget to wear them as much as possible.

That fox print I got from etsy, It's adorable, but still needs a frame.

Note the lack of toys, stuffed animals, and books as compared to usual... See yesterday's blog post. 
Michael's side is cute. That tree should probably go down to the ground though.
I think Ethan will be getting a piggy bank for Christmas. 

Take note of this dresser. It has a can of white paint calling its name!

I love me a theme outfit!
Halloween jammies- ready to be worn!

Now into the hallway. No Halloween stuff here either, I wanted to do paper bats, but had too much homework to contend with for my master's class. maybe next year.

Still showcasing our pictures from the day we got engaged, 2008, I think, or maybe 2007, either way it was definitely December.

I updated these pictures. But this is pretty dark. Looks like I still need some work on manual mode of my camera.

Now on to the living room. I'm only showing the Halloween stuff, because we've actually been doing a LOT of work in here, so I'll do a before and after post later.

As soon as we got the boxes down from the attic, Sophia started snooping around, and pulled out all these stickers. She meticulously stuck them ALL on one window and deemed her creation "Halloween World"
This crazy sign I hauled back from Maui last year.
The buffet spread
I just copied this board off Pinterest. 


I really want to paint the orange pumpkins green and white to look like the "hierloom" ones all over Instagram, but I'm also scared it will turn out like crap, and I have 100 other projects going on and a newborn...so that's probably not happening this year. 

Reused bunting I made 3 or 4 years ago

The kids made some treats for their friends. 
The one and only end table is used only for seasonal decorations. LOL.

And finally the dining room. This is how I wanted the whole house to look, but once Sophia got "Halloween World" started I knew I had to decorate for the kids and save classy for later when they're too old to care anymore:

I know what you're thinking "Jill, that 'flower arrangement' looks like a bunch of weeds you cut out of your yard and stuffed in a white pitcher" Well, it is.
Yes, the table is super fancy, yes, i'm afraid my kids will break it, and yes, it's very impractical to leave it like this for very long, but it's my birthday week, and I'm gonna have a nice house for the whole 7 days! Haha.

Its just soooo pretty!
The china cabinet has probably gotten to the point where it has outlived it's $100 that I bought it for 12 years ago. It's not all real wood, so the Kalae climate is starting to get to it. But, that didn't stop us from decorating it!





And that concludes this year's Halloween house tour! I didn't really do one last year, but here's a cool craft (click here) that we did two years ago.

And here's our Halloween 2014 (click here) and 2015 (click here) and 2013 (click here) and one last one from last year (click here)

More remodel progress posts coming soon! Now I'm off to feed a hungry little Ethan :)